MamaKat’s Writers Workshop: The Top 5 Random Bits of Trivia about The Princess Bloggers’ Family…
5. My husband and I met Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli…at a club…while they were still married. I know, that’s probably not a big deal to most people. But as a former resident of the state of California, I hold on to this moment. You see, we live in rural East Texas now. We don’t meet famous people here. Thankfully, I have my memories. As a side note, my husband offended Mr. Van Halen (that’s another story) and was promptly given the bird (flipped off).
4. My husband’s favorite food is a sloppy joe. No joke. You could sit him down at a table filled with filet mignon, lobster, pizza, and he’d still choose a sloppy joe. I make this disgusting concoction once a year. And it’s all for him!
3. I hate to shop. Really. I’m an embarrassment to my gender.
2. We are not a “football family.” We are not “football fans.” Yes, we live in Texas. Snubbing football is basically like burning the flag to most Texans. Football season is a very lonely time for us! Ha!
1. We are in the process of applying for domestic adoption (of an older child, pre-teen or teenager)! This is the least random piece of information on us! I have a feeling that this child will be a sloppy-joe-loving, shopaholic cheerleader. And I can’t wait!